Ways to incorporate technology into my library seems to be on my mind a lot lately. It seems that each time I introduce the smallest little technology thing my students go nuts and are suddenly engaged and excited about coming to the library. A new favorite of my students is PhotoStory. Several classes just finished some research and we put the results into Photostory (you 'drop' in a picture and audio can be recorded to match along with music, it is quick and easy to use and the results are fun). In their 'free time' they are recording the audio portion and I have lines of students waiting to record. It makes them feel like stars. Their faces are pricelss when I play the final project for them. They are so excited that they forget that they are working with a partner they don't necessarily like and did research.
I am starting to have the students create book reviews in the same way. They are actually excited to share and talk about books because technology is involved.
Technology is not the be all, end all. But it increasingly provides a way to spark excitement and interest that leads to students being excited about learning and for that I am grateful.
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I enjoy reading your blog. It sounds like you have a great time integrating technology. Your students must love coming to your class.
My second graders are doing something similar with mammals. We have researched mammals and have taken pictures. We are just about ready to start the PhotoStory3 portion. Do you have any pointers I have not used PhotoStory3 with students before?
Have fun with photostory. The thing that I found is to be careful with the volume of the backround music - sometimes it overpowers the speakers. Other than that it is pretty easy - make sure to leave plenty of time because it always semms to take longer than you planned. Enjoy!!
Seems like we never stop thinking about incorporating technology into both our curriculum and helping teachers find ways to incorporate it into theirs. Your blogs are very interesting and I'm getting lots of good ideas from the others in this pilot program.
Post a Comment