Thursday, March 27, 2008

Week 8 Thing 19 and 20

Google docs is wonderful!! I just used it in a class and we were able to complete a document with 1 person in Pennsylvania and 1 person in Wisconsin. A fabulous collaborative tool. Students could use Googledocs to create something and go home and continue working on it and then have the teacher log in and assess it all with no paper exchanging hands. A great way to make sure you have the assignment or presentation wherever you go - as long as you have a computer it is available.

LibraryThing is so much fun. I have a feeling I will be putting on my own collection this summer just for fun! This could be really useful for personal or classroom libraries. I can see groups froming to discuss favorites and recommend others. It is a social networking tool that adults can get behind.

No comments: