You tube is so much fun. It is easy to just get lost exploring. There are lots of library videos that are funny or interesting. I searched my town and found a video of a neighbor skateboarding - I wondered what he was doing skateboarding for all those hours:) You tube is a wonderful resource for spreading ideas, thoughts, theories, and viewpoints. Useful for conversation or lesson starters.
Podcasts are something I am interested in creating. I think it would be a great way for students to share ideas and information - eliminates the speaking in front of people factor. I already subscribe to several for pleasure (jazz music) and am going to look at more professional development ones. A way of incorporating learning with exercise (listen to the ipod while walking).
Ebooks and audiobooks are something most people are unaware of. Project Guttenburg provides an alternative for many classics. The audiobooks are of great interest - they address the needs of a variety of learners and allow content to be delivered in a variety of locations and situations.
Lots of no options to consider. Podcasts are the piece from this section I am going to take with me and try first.
Friday, March 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment